Thursday, September 10, 2020

Responsible Birding Diary: Thursday 3.9.20

 

After work I cycled down to Ferry Meadows to search for a male Redstart which had been reported there in the same spot where I watched a female not so many days ago… Alas, there was no sign of the Redstart, and the whole area (a scrubby Hawthorn rich patch called Coney Meadow)was a bit quiet. So, I cycled along the Nene Valley Railway in search of chats and flycatchers, and headed down to the old water Mill called Castor Mill.

There was very little action to report there, wither, just a single Red Kite drifting around. So, I cycled back through Ferry Meadows and past the Peterborough rowing lake, in the hope that there may be an off-track Shag. But all there were were loads of rowers, burning up and down the Km+ course. I did hear a couple of Ring-necked Parakeets, which are a couple of miles or so from the ‘main’ flock at Ferry Meadows. I wonder how many there are around Peterborough, now…

No comments: