Friday, July 03, 2020

Lockdown Diary: Friday 3.7.20

All the action came late on, today. I popped out to the car, and as I stepped out of the front doo, I noticed a Hedgehog in our driveway, near the bins! It noticed me and immediately tensed up its spines! Naturally, I went back inside and shouted for my son Ed and my dear wife Jo to come and see the Hedgepig. I went in to grab a camera, and perhaps an empty cardbox to make sure it didn’t wander out onto the road. I left instructions with Jo not to let it wander off, so we could rescue it.
When I got back, the Hedgehog was gone. Jo said she had said ‘hello’ and ‘tried to make friends with it’. It had turned round and walked back through the bins and through the ajar wooden gates of our shambles of a former ‘car port’, which is full of junk and overgrown with buddleias.
So, no photo and we have no idea what happened to this Hedgy…

No comments: