Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Archive revisited


Nikon Coolpix 880 + Kowa TSN-821 + 32xW LER
I've just been going through some of my old photos and found this picture of a Fulmar that was found near Langtoft on May 15 2005. Seeing as it is now August 2006, it could hardly be a less appropriate time to put it up again. So here goes.
I remember I went to see it feeling like death warmed up (I call it flu, which sadly ruined my enjoyment of the lovely wedding day of my friends Roger and Rebecca), and the bird appeared not to be feeling much better. The next day it was still alive and I saw it struggling onto the bank of the small lake it was on. But I doubt whether such a vulnerable, weak bird would have survived much longer – it could hardly walk and I doubt it could fly. Moribund I believe is the key word here...

No comments: