Monday, October 12, 2020

Responsible Birding Diary: Monday 5.10.20

 

Naturally, at first light (in fact while it was still dark), i was at the site of the Radde’s Warbler (a bird I had never seen) on the banks of the channel called The Folly, which flows into the Maxey Cut of the River Welland. A few other birders were there, and we soon heard the distinctive, though subtle call of the Radde’s Warbler! Views were glimpses of movement, rather than solid warbler shaped sightings. One of our number saw a bit of supercilium (stripes above the eyes) on one of these apparitions and that was that before I had to go to work.

After work, despite the rain, I was back. And this time, after a soaking and much patience and scrutinising, I got a few seconds view of this bird which was new to Planet Earth for me, let alone the PBC area. I was pleased.

No comments: