Friday, June 12, 2020

Lockdown Diary: Tuesday 9.6.20

Three times in the last few weeks, and twice in the last few days, one of the Ferry Meadows photographic regulars has seen an Osprey (or two Ospreys; or three Ospreys!). That included one yesterday while I was sitting at my kitchen desk, processing photographs of Barn Owls from the weekend.
So, this morning (and it is a beautiful, still, sunny morning) I was back on my bike at FMCP. Needless to say, there were no Ospreys. But it was very pleasant. There were Red Kites in the air, Red Kites in and on the nest; skimming Common Terns and Sand Martins and the odd singing Reed and Garden Warbler still.
Nothing spectacular, but who knows when the Rose-coloured Starling, Blyth’s Reed Warbler or Bee-eater will appear… Meantime, I would be delighted with ‘just’ an Osprey!

No comments: