Friday, June 05, 2020

Lockdown Diary: Friday 5.6.20

Why is it that ‘flaming June’ always seems to be so cold and wet? Anyhow, a bit of a change in the weather is needed, for the garden if nothing else. Today was a quiet day for me, wildlife-wise. I cycled down to Ferry Meadows, and had the briefest of glimpses at a baby Red Kite. But when I cycled by the nest area later in the morning, the rain was so heavy, the parent bird was sitting tight, sheltering his/her youngsters (I presume the parent share the sitting duties, but I am not sure).
I did add to my tally of young birds seen in our garden, however, after the rain stopped, with a young Blackbird hopping about. Do, we have seen juvenile Magpie, Great Tit, Dunnock, Robin, Blackbird, Long-tailed Tit and Starling in the garden, so far…

No comments: