Thursday, September 17, 2020

Responsible Birding Diary, Monday 14.9.20


I have been getting extra fat, since reducing the amount of cycling I have been doing. So, I decided it was time to start cycling again, and where better to go than good old Ferry Meadows CP (a round trip of 8-10 miles). This morning, I was rewarded by seeing a lovely Otter fishing on Gunwade Lake (too distant for photos). A juvenile Grey Wagtail came and perched on some nearby railings, and a flotilla of fishing Cormorants came close by to the platform I was watching from. Meanwhile, a very persistent juvenile Herring Gull was demanding food from its parent!























Grey Wagtail, Ferry Meadows CP, Peterborough, 13.9.20
Cormorant, Ferry Meadows CP, Peterborough, 13.9.20





















Herring Gull juvenile begging from its parent, Ferry Meadows CP, Peterborough, 13.9.20

No comments: