Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Lockdown Diary: Friday 7.8.20

I got a new MV bulb in the post, so was able to put out two Skinner moth traps (one with the 125MV bulb, which is extremely bright and one with a 40W actinic bulb, which is a fluorescent tube). Highlights included a Least Carpet, which is a scarce moth and the first I have had in our garden.


Also, I had at least 5 Tree-lichen Beauties mainly around the actinic trap. Other goodies, moth fans, of the 45+ species included what I think is my first Pyrausta purpuralis (a sorth of mint moth), a few Straw Underwings, and a pretty ‘micro’ called Carcina quercana (sometimes called Long-horned Flat-body!).

Tree-lichen Beauty, our garden, Peterborough, Cambs, 7.8.20 

Carcina quercana, our garden, Peterborough, Cambs, 7.8.20 

No comments: