Friday, December 28, 2007

Plastered

It is, of course, traditional to get plastered over Chringle. For once, then, I have substituted Christmas flu for even more traditional fare. I foolishly believed that my ever-aging body, though heavier, was still up for a bit of indoor four-a-side footy.

Then the hammer fell and so did I.

Achilles tendon ruptured; three months with my right leg solidly plastered, bearing no weight and with that foot above my heart.

A fine punishment for trying to pontificate about Led Zep. Ha. Achilles Last Stand...

Totemo fuben desu ne. Zannen desu etc.

Forgive me, then, dear visitor, if the amount of nature photos is a tad reduced...

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh dear. At least you should be back in action in time for migration. Cue a feature about what it's like to be a disabled birder? No more hopping over the stile at Eldernell for you...

Mike Weedon said...

Ha! Funny you should mention that stile. I got half way over it yesterday before having to admit defeat and retreat shamefacedly...

Katie said...

I always found it quite difficult without being crippled.

The Drunkbirder said...

Get well soon Mike, though technically I suppose you're not ill. I met Matt Merritt at Cossington the other day who told me of your predicament. I gave up 5 a-side a few years ago, the body just can't do it anymore.