Monday, June 13, 2005

Some orchids

Saturday afternoon (11.6.05) saw Weedon's World of Nature in my old stamping ground of Farthing Downs/Happy Valley, Surrey, where I was brung up and cut my teeth as a wildlife-watcher. The orchid fields there we discovered pretty late-on, past my youth, and it was great to get out there in mid-June and have a wander round with my sister Alison, nephew Harry and Aunt Wendy. Most of the orchids were not really out yet (it's been cool this spring), but there were a few Fly Orchids showing in the shady edge...

...as well as lots of Common Twayblades


All Nikon Coolpix 880

3 comments:

Mike said...

Brilliant pics. I'm especially impressed with your insects.

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.