Wednesday, April 06, 2005

White Wagtail

White Wagtail, Maxey pits, Cambridgeshire, 4.4.05.

Nikon Coolpix 880 + Kowa TSN-821 + 32xW LER
Inspired by local birders Josh Jones and Will Bowell, who turned up a mini-fall of four White Wagtails at Josh's patch of Baston and Langtoft pits, south Lincolnshire, I started heading that way after work. However, I thought as I was passing, I'd pop in and have a look at Maxey pits which have turned up White Wags before. I was in luck finding this bird with about 30 Pied Wagtails (in the cold and rain). Originally I thought there were no more than 15 of them, but a Peregrine flew over and sent them all erupting into the air in a panic revealing many more than initially showed.
Also in the area were a female Goosander, a pair of Shelducks a couple of Green Sandpipers and a female Little Ringed Plover.

No comments: